The Online Registration for this year's semester is open now and until February 28th 2018! You find the application form here.
The deadlines for the application procedure can be found here.
If you have further questions please write an email to email@example.com (ATW).
Admission approval conditions for the Masters degree in Choreography and Performance
The artistic entrance examination enables, as one of the admission conditions, the choice of students, who are predestined for this degree, according to their aptitude and talent. The low number of students (7 per year) enables the teachers to support individual students systematically.
For admission to the Masters degree in “Choreography and Performance”:
BA in Applied Theatre Studies at the JLU Giessen (Minimum mark: 2 or better) or: BA (or equivalent degree) in a theatre-relevant degree with focus on dance and/or performance (Minimum mark: 2 or better) And artistic entrance examination (artistic portfolio, BA thesis or equivalent scientific work, oral examination).
An additional condition is a basic knowledge of English. (Full particulars found in the “Spezielle Ordnung”).
Only those who show special knowledge and capabilities which possibly enable a successful completion of the Masters degree “Choreography and Performance” also from an aesthetic and artistic viewpoint can be admitted. The necessary aesthetic power of judgement and artistic aptitude is determined within the framework of an entrance examination.
Artistic Entrance Examination
- The entrance examination for the MA degree is divided into two parts. In the first part, applicants must register online on this Homepage and then send in a portfolio with two or three self-chosen and self-completed artistic pieces of work. Videos or documentation of own choreographic work or performances but also artistic projects. Additionally a CV and a motivational letter with an explanation of reasons for applying as well as the BA thesis or an equivalent scientific piece of work.
- The second part of the examination consists of an oral examination of about 30 minutes which serves the purpose of obtaining additional information about the aptitude of the applicants from a practical and professional viewpoint. Full particulars found in the Spezielle Ordnung.
If you would like to participate in the artistic entrance examinationfor the MA in “Choreograpy and Performance”, please fill in the registration form on this homepage.
You will then receive an invitation to participate in the artistic entrance examination. Only then do you submit the following documents (hard-copy via post, no digital portfolios are accepted!):
- Motivational letter
- A portfolio with two or three self-completed artistic pieces which the applicant has chosen him/herself (eg. Videos or documentation of own choreographic work, audio works, installations or performances but also artistic drafts) If you want to turn in videos, please upload them on Vimeo (https://vimeo.com/). Please do not forget to mention the actual link in your portfolio. Additionally you are asked to send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a combined list of all the links referring to the works included in your portfolio.
- BA thesis or equivalent scientific work
- An explanation with the words “I ensure that I produced the work in the portfolio”
- If applicable, a recommendation, for example, a reference from a lecturer.